If you are anything like me, you use Instagram for business. For this reason, getting engagement from your audience is important if you want to sell on Instagram effectively.
Instagram captions provide a massive opportunity to drive engagement on your posts. The more engagement you get on Instagram, the more your content will be seen. And if your content is seen by more people, your potential for making sales on Instagram increases too.
Don’t forget this.
In this tutorial, I will share smart ways to optimize your captions to convert. This works regardless of your niche and there are several examples to follow below.
Here are the best ways to drive more engagement with your Captions
Ask a simple question in the first line of your Caption:
This is a very powerful strategy that converts! People want to engage but they won’t until you invite them into the conversation. Asking questions is a great way to make your audience engage with you.
- Does this sound like you?
- Has this ever happened to you?
- Do you struggle with _______?
- Are you ready to start ________?
- Have you ever ______?
- When was the last time you____?
Ask Your Followers to Save Your Post
Believe it or not, the more SAVES your post gets, the more exposure it gets. When people SAVE your posts, this is a signal to Instagram that your post is worth the time.
Remember, Instagram wants to keep more and more people on the platform. So if people are saving your content, Instagram believes your content is good and will send it to more of your followers.
But how do you get more Saves?
- Create engaging carousel posts
- Write long, valuable captions with tips
- Create content that helps your audience do something
- Create educational content
- Create content that is inspiring and memorable
- Share helpful tips
- Share long tips that people need to save to remember
And when you do, write a CTA in your caption asking people to SAVE your posts.
Use a shocking statement in the first line of your caption:
A shocking statement is intended to stop your audience from their scrolling. Say something that makes someone say ‘WHAAAAATT?’
- 99% of small businesses will fail in the first 3 months
- Instagram is Dying. Here’s what to do now
- Consistency is a Myth, the Experts are lying to you
Ask for a Double-tap ❤
Believe it or not, people forget to LIKE a post even when they Like it.
Don’t be shy about asking people to double tap to Like your posts on Instagram. Simply saying: ‘Double-tap if you Like this’ is all you need to do.
Interestingly, the more Likes your post gets on Instagram, the higher you rank and the more people will see your posts.
So don’t think Likes are not important. They are.
Ask your followers to tag someone in the comments 👩🏿🤝👩🏿
Increase your party on the gram by encouraging your followers to bring in their friends. People want to share content they love, but they have to be reminded to do so. Simply add this in your captions:
- Tag someone who needs to see this
- Tag a friend who is like this
- Tag someone you care about
Tell a story that starts with intrigue or curiosity 📝
Stories drive engagement.
People love reading stories and if you write a good story, you’ll have more people reading your captions and engaging with your content. Here are a few great ways to start a really good story on Instagram captions:
- Two years ago I _____
- Yesterday I was _____
- I never thought I’d share this but____
- I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I _____
- I started my business because I was ______